A court can vacate a decree of legal separation, if the parties resume marital relations. In February 2008, the court granted the plaintiff wife's request for a decree of legal separation. Between October 2010 and February 2012, the parties traveled to Portugal, Georgia, Great Britain, the Dominican Republic and Nova Scotia. They resided together in the family residence, and they admitted that they resumed sexual relations. The plaintiff wife claimed that she did not consent to sex and, in June 2012, she requested a dissolution of marriage. The court vacated the 2008 decree of legal separation and the dissolution complaint, because the parties resumed marital relations. "[P]ursuant to C.G.S. §46b-65," wrote the court, "the parties had resumed marital relations after the decree of legal separation and therefore the decree is vacated."